TP-Link AX1800 Decaying speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 21:20:10
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20201202 rel.76564(5553)

I've had this router for a month and it ran great, speeds were top notch, repsonsive snappy experience. But lately the router seems to have issues handling my speeds where are a mere 400/400 Verizon Fios. The down is fine but the upload if awful. I can get 400 down easy, but the up can range from 40-250. I tried reading other threads about this. I turned off OFDMA and OneMesh, however the upload speed still isn't where it should be. Verizon has verified on their end that the ONT is performing as normal. I will swtich to my original to see if that true. 

Mean while I wanted to see if there were any other things I could try before I return this router.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX1800 Decaying speeds
2021-01-30 13:56:30
When I have speed issues, the first thing I do is power cycle the modem, router and the device, All off, modem on, wait, then router, wait, then the device. Sometimes that works. If not, bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem and run speed tests. If bad, try a different PC as it may be the issue, if same bad result contact the ISP. if speed is good, then start debugging the router. Is it Ethernet, WIFI or both? If WIFI only, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both. One device or multiple devices. And so on...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 1

Related Articles