Time in router keeps changing and clock stop working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 04:56:23 - last edited 2021-02-01 08:35:04
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 201214

my 7months old routers time settings remain same like I saved but the clock/ time counting stops 2/3times in everyday. when this happend the router cannot update/count/spin time automatically . But when I reboot my router it works without any issue. unfortunately it happens again after 2/3 hours late again and I reboot my router and everything works fine (time counting goes normal ) without changing time settings. Generally , I have enabled auto reboot my router everyday at night 12 o clock.. but for this issue it cannot reboot timely. I am facing this issue from last 1month But there was no problem with my router before this 1month. it works normally right now after reboot. I also checked the NTP server which are saved in my router with my pc using syncronisation and these server works fine withoot any issue. and I also changed NTP server like time.cloudflare.com,time.google.com, bsti1.time.gov.bd , bsti2.time.gov.bd  but everything goes in vain..    So,  why is it happening and how can I solve this problem ?

Look at this screenshot the time has already changed without any change and settings.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Time in router keeps changing and clock stop working.
2021-02-02 16:56:17

@Abid_Hasan 

Remove the NTP servers, then select "Get from PC". If you leave those time settings alone, how does that perform?

Options
2021-02-02 17:31:26 - last edited 2021-02-02 17:34:43

@Tony 

Ok. I removed this ntp server and selected get from pc . Now I will wait for 2 or 3 days to check the time settings and then I will confirm you. But I want to remember you that when I reboot my router it starts counting time but after some hour it stops without change. when I selected get from pc there is no problem router obtained time from my pc like before but the problem is my router stops counting or changed to another time auto with out changes in settings after some times. I wanted to draw your attentin that I have no problem without time settings . I need to auto reboot my router thats why I need correct time in my router. because I feel bored to manually reboot router.

pi why manually reboot router I need correct time in router.c after your recomandet change

Options
2021-02-03 05:28:17

@Tony 

I had done what you adviced me. butnoting changed. without any ntp server in box I selected get from pc but it doesnt solve my issue. after rebooting it shows correct time and starts counting time without any change in settings.

Pic has been taken to show my unsolved problem. Now what can I do ??

Options
2021-02-03 21:35:03

@Abid_Hasan 

If the issue still persists regardless of what settings you make I would reach out to your local support team here: https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1566

Replies: 4