Two computers. Two T2U adapters. One @ 300 mbps, one at 12 mbps. HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-21 02:27:36
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased two Archer T2U Plus wifi adapters for two desktop computers in my home, to get full speed from our new 300 Mbs Internet service. There are three computers in the house, a laptop (with built-in wifi adapter) and two older desktops.

Laptop is getting 375 mbps. Same room, one desktop is getting 150 (OK), and the oldest desktop is getting between 12 and 50 (not OK). Computer is an HP 400-434 running Windows 10 Home, 2.4 ghz Pentium J2900, 2B28 motherboard, 1T hard drive, 8G ram.

Here is what I've tried so far:

- Updating BIOS on computer.

- Updating wifi adapter driver.

- Resetting router to factory settings.

- Rebooting router.

- Changing channel on router.

- Disabled built-in wifi adapter.

- Turned off antivirus (no change).

- Turn off VPN (no change).

- Changed USB ports (little change).

- Swapped wifi adapters with other (working) computer.

- Disabled Large Send offload (nothing).control.

- Turned off Delivery Optimization > Allow downloads from other PCs.

- Ran gpedit and disabled QoS Packet Scheduler.

I'm about three mouse clicks away from giving up and buying a whole new computer. If anyone can offer any help I'd be really grateful. Maybe it's just too old.

Thanks,

DT in MS

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two computers. Two T2U adapters. One @ 300 mbps, one at 12 mbps. HELP
2021-03-24 21:17:55

@DLTemple 

If you were to swap the T2U adapters and the issue stayed on the computer, then likely is something in the computer like you mentioned.

I'm thinking you can try reinstalling your USB drivers on the computer should the issue existing in the USB function.

If you were to put in a USB stick containing data and tried to copy or download it, and it too was slow it may be a speed limitation on the computer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 1