How to configure at&t modem to ac1750 router with vpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-21 04:27:52
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

First Timer.

Need help in setting up my AT&T 5268ac router to AC1750 and adding a vpn as well. I watched couple youtube videos and was able to create a static ip address but the internet was not connect on the AC1750. I did manage to connect to some devices wirelessly but would like to connect to all.

Need help....network for dumies

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure at&t modem to ac1750 router with vpn
2021-03-24 21:22:03

@k00lrunningz 

Your AT&T device is a modem and router so if you connect the Archer A7 (assuming you have that) to the AT&T it will get a local IP of whatever the AT&T gives out. 

I am not sure what static address you are configuring, but the A7's WAN would be set to Dynamic.

With regards to your VPN, if you subscribed to a VPN service like NordVPN, you won't be able to configure the A7 to tap into the VPN. You would need to set up your client devices each with the VPN software. The A7 has a VPN pass-through so the A7 will not block any VPN traffic.

Options