Archer A7 frequently drops internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 12:38:25
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20201029

This issue began happening within the last couple of months.

Once every couple of hours or so, the internet connection light turns amber on the router, and we lose internet connectivity on all devices. In each case, the cable modem lights indicate that internet signal is good.
Power cycling the router resolves the issue.

Tonight, I am going to see if there is a new firmware version, and will update it if so.

Anything else I should try?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A7 frequently drops internet connection
2021-03-25 21:29:25

@gladhaven 

The orange light indicates the router is losing internet from the Ethernet cable.

If you have a cable modem, look at the logs for any critical 3 or 4 errors. If they exist your internet signal is not stable, and it will give random drops. At that point, the ISP can look into that.

As far as the router, swap the Ethernet cable being used as it may be bad.

Options
Re:Archer A7 frequently drops internet connection
2021-03-26 18:05:58

@Tony Thank you for the suggestions.

I've already tried swapping ethernet cables, so I will try checking the log for for level 3 and 4 errors.

I did see that newer firmware was available, and updated to the latest last night, so we'll see if that has any impact.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 890

Replies: 2