Issue with longer distance Ethernet cable - no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-12 18:23:47
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I configured my EAP225 AP by connecting it to one of my WiFi points on my Google Mesh system.  I utilized the POE device included with the product and used a 6 foot Ethernet cable to configure the device in my house to test the connection at close range.  Everything worked fine in this "test" location that I used for the initial set up.  I then replaced the 6 foot Ethernet cable with a 300 foot heavy duty CAT 6 cable which runs outside to the remote location to be used for a security camera.  Using my iPhone at the end of the 300 foot run I am able to see the new AP SSID with full bars but I'm getting a message in my iPphone WiFi settings that says "No Internet Connection".  I used a Window's-based Surface tablet as another test and am getting the same result ... I can see and select the AP SSID but I have no internet connection.  I previously had another outdoor access point device at this location (PicoStation2) for 5 years and it worked fine until it stopped working (old age).  Do I need a more powerful POE injector to make the EAP225 work at a longer distance?   It's odd that it works fine using a 6 foot cable but is having issues with the longer distance.  It's rated to work up to 300+ feet (POE limitation).  Any help would be appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 594

Replies: 0

Related Articles