Archer AX50, remove useless "features" HomeCare and QoS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 00:51:17 - last edited 2021-04-19 00:53:07
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

could you do something about those useless features called "home care" and QoS? can you remove these and add bandwidth control? have u read the hundreds of topics of people complaining about the lacking of bandwidth control? 
Nobody cares about QoS, antivirus (HomeCare), we all disable it and the router even works better without them

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX50, remove useless "features" HomeCare and QoS
2021-04-20 12:13:08

@FiruzzZ 

What you consider useless features may be others requirements. I chose to get a router without Home Care and would not use it if my next router has it. QoS, I might use if needed. I know Gamers use it.

Did you check System tools, System parameters? Is that what you are looking for?

Options
Re:Archer AX50, remove useless "features" HomeCare and QoS
2021-04-20 12:35:00

QoS is so useless that you can't even target a device, you must "prioritize" the entire LAN, what would be the use of this? don't you have at least one Smart TV, one Phone, one PC/Notebook? so QoS Application priority will only benefit one of them, it supposes to be a "Home Care", what kind of home would be?

PD: I tested all this setting and there is no difference in the performance, delay, lag, response, it does not affect in any way the network, online games, Netflix, torrents, youtube etc etc..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 2

Related Articles