DONT BUY FROM THEM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DONT BUY FROM THEM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DONT BUY FROM THEM
DONT BUY FROM THEM
2021-04-20 11:46:00
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Do not buy from TP-Link. They claim to provide a fast, stable, security product for customers. My router is just a year old and i started to have numerous issues with it. I have been contacting support for the last several weeks or more. I finally got them to do a RMA, but it is still in awaiting for shipment. Every time i contact support they tell me it usually takes 2-3 business days for them to ship out. Yet it has now been 13 days since the request was placed. I did an advanced shipment which means i paid money to have it sent to me first and than i send the old defective unit back using the prepaid shipment that will come with the replacement. I have 25 days from the date of request to return the product or I will get charged full price instead of just the shipping. That means currently i have 13 days left to send back the defective unit that I already paid shipping on that hasn't even left. I will never buy from them again and I will ensure i let all my coworkers, friends etc... know the bad experience i have had with them. To give you an idea of the lack of knowledge I was told even though my service provider is pushing 25mbs down it is normal for the WiFi to only push half or less... So when i do speed test and see 9-11mbs that is normal.

DON'T BUY FROM THEM

Options
6 Reply
Re:DONT BUY FROM THEM
2021-04-20 12:02:07
Internet speed is only as fast as the weakest link. Connect a PC direct to the modem bypassing the router and see what your speed is. If the speed is close to the speed when the PC is connected to the router via Ethernet, than the router is not the issue.
Options
2021-04-20 12:17:20
I appreciate the suggestion, however i have already done that. My speed is find coming from my ISP modem. I have a fiber connection and its rock solid at 25-27mbs down...
Options
2021-04-20 12:24:17
Are you using a VPN? Try turning off HomeCare if it is on. Same with QoS.
Options
2021-04-20 12:27:38
I am not leveraging a VPN. I have disabled everything.. QOS was causing some of the issue, but when i put on standard QOS it is somewhat better. Support didn't even check or walk me through that. I had to do the testing on my own. I appreciate your help, but no need. I will never buy a product from them again. I have been having issues for almost a month now and every time i contact them i hear the same story... I had to use an old LinkSys that i had at the house. I do appreciate you trying to help me though.
Options
2021-04-20 13:21:28 - last edited 2021-04-20 13:22:19

PeteTyo wrote

I appreciate the suggestion, however i have already done that. My speed is find coming from my ISP modem. I have a fiber connection and its rock solid at 25-27mbs down...

@PeteTyo 

Sorry, but I appear to be confused?

For a few reasons:

• Well, to start with, your 'speed'? Fiber, generally much higher? 1Gbps would be where it mostly is used, although some are slower.
  • 25 'mbs'? Usually ISP speed is in terms of 'Mbps'. That is bits per seconds. Some people will use 'MBps' which is bytes per second, 1/8th the speed of Mbps.
  • 25mbs seems an odd number for service? Who is you ISP?
  • I have an Archer A20 and not seen problems like you have, nor have I seen other reports of this?
  • What is the ISP Modem? Is a combo Modem/Router?
  • If the Modem/Router, which I suspect you have as you said you can get full speed connected to it, have you (or the ISP) 'disabled' the wireless on it?
  • Have you tested the A20 via an Ethernet cable?
  • On the A20 is a SPEED test, what does it show?

I'd also ASK Support for a SHIPING TRACE NUMBER. It could be that there are no A20's available to ship at the moment, and check with them to ensure your 25 days do not start until the unit is shipped.

Options
2021-04-21 15:20:16

@PeteTyo Here i am 14 days after the request was put in and still awaiting shipment.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1290

Replies: 6

Related Articles