Detects all but router wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-25 09:57:52 - last edited 2021-04-25 10:03:31
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Have installed this adapter on Windows 8.1, latest drivers etc, old network card disabled. Detects all wifi networks the  old card did except the router network. It  can connect to phone hotspots OK. Old card detecting router wifi network, connecting on 2.4Ghz to the router when re-enabled. Have tried everything (reinstalling software, re-booting, changing router settings (security/channel etc..) to no avail. WPS doesn't work, I assume as it isn't seeing the wifi network in the first place (inssider software shows all the wfi networks available thru each adapter and the router wifi isn't on the adapter list). 

Any ideas, please? Am running out of ideas/patience.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Detects all but router wifi network
2021-04-30 16:49:54

@anth13 

You can try the following driver :

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/RTL%208192%20CU.zip

Here is how you would install the driver manually: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/450/

Options
Re:Detects all but router wifi network
2021-05-01 07:54:12

@Tony 

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I tried to install the driver manually, but got the message 'windows has determined the best driver for the device is already installed',.

I tried updating and disabling/updating, but no difference.

If I try to pick from a list of drivers/have disk, when I select the .inf file I get the message 'The folder specified does not contain a compatible software driver for the device.Make sure it is designed to work with X64 systems'

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 2

Related Articles