Router Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router Settings
Router Settings
2021-04-26 04:56:04
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I know what DoS Protection is but my question is. Should it be Enabled? The settings I don't know is what are ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering,UDP-FLOOD Attack Filtering and the TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering? Should they be on or what ones should be on and off? I had DoS Protection on and all 3 settings but my PC got kicked offline and blocked by the router whenever I tried to download a large file. Is this the DoS Protection doing this or one of the 3 settings? I want the highest security but able to use my router/network with no bugs.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Settings
2021-04-26 12:37:15

@Cuse165 

If you search the web, you will find people on both sides if DoS is needed or not and to what level. The biggest reason not to seems to be you have already received the packet so your bandwidth is already used. But, do you want it also on the LAN side of the network and can your devices handle it?

My position is to use all security you can till it hurts, then maybe back up a little.

As to which one is causing your problem, it could be any of them. Best to test different settings to see which one.

Also consider if there is a different way to process your data so not to trigger the DoS. It could be something like the router is passing data to the PC faster than the PC can handle and it sees a lot of rejected packets from the PC

Options
Re:Router Settings
2021-04-26 17:52:33

@ArcherC8 Thank you I know TP-LINK recommends you turn them off. I tend to agree with you use all security infill it gives you issues.

Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 2

Related Articles