Deco M9+ -devices failing to receive dhcp address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-02 06:25:51
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.51

I have a new issue that has me baffled.  I have random devices all of a sudden unable to obtain an IP address via dhcp. If it does connect it can drop it at random   If a manual IP is entered it connects perfectly. Please note I have less than ⅓!of the dhcp pool assigned so it's not out of available addresses.

The topology is ISP modem bridged-deco m9 plus in router mode with 2 others as secondary nodes presumably access points.   

I did a hard reset of the whole system today and the problem persists.  Without logs it's hard to tell what is going on.

Has anyone seen this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9+ -devices failing to receive dhcp address
2021-07-01 15:23:16

@friday18 

Hello,

I have recently bought the M9 plus Deco (2 units). I have a similar setup as you do i.e. main deco on router mode and the second unit running on AP mode presumably. While there is no problem with devices connecting to the main deco, the devices connecting to the seconday unit seem to fail randomnly. Same effect as you just described. So I am guessing this is a product / firmware issue more than anything. In my quest for a solution, I have come across many such topics in the support forum. So I am guessing this is indeed a product issue. Firmware version is 1.5.2 and it says thats the latest I've got. Not sure if there is anything else that we can do.

Btw..in one of the discussions, a gentleman added that by switcing to AP mode, this problem disappears. But that is not a solution but only a workaround as it robs away some of the key featurs of the router mode (Parental control, QoS control, etc.). Is there anyway we can get the attention of the Tp Link support team here? Surely, this is some product issue that needs to be addressed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1