How to increase the Wifi Range using the TP Link Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-05 07:54:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello There, thank you for this forum to carry on the brainstorming the ideas. Okay, Here is the query I have Currently, I am using Archer C6 V3 MIMO router Where I have initially purchased to use as a router for my FTTH connection.

Since the router is recent version and four antennas I thought this router could offer me huge range( I need 80 Meters to cover my WIFI signal straight line) but later I realized the there are few trees and two walls in between the WiFi reception that made the wifi signal to un penetrate the hindrance. 

So I am planning to buy this router "TP-Link TL-WR941HP 450Mbps High-Power Wireless Router" to cover this distance, Do you guys think replacing my current router with this 9dBI antennes will solve my purpose?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to increase the Wifi Range using the TP Link Router
2021-05-09 14:53:55

@Sakthi 

That is hard to know if that would work as each network is different. 80 meters is pushing the limit for outdoors so that is without walls.

The C6 is an AC router where the TL-WR941HP is not. I would expect greater range out of the AC router.

2.4 GHz will give you the most range.

Using an AC device with the C6 may help on the 5GHz.

Moving the router often helps. Sometimes small changes help such as turning the router, increasing the height, moving the antennas, moving the router just a few feet, so try those things first. Also I would consider an extender as an option before another router.   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 1