Deco 5, ethernet and wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 17:37:42

I have 3 Deco 5 units, one next to the router on the 1st floor, one connected to my son's PC on the 2nd floor and a third connected to my PC on the 3rd floor. On my computer I access the network via wifi but my son's connection can choose between wifi and ethernet where the latter gives him ca 2-3 times faster speed than me. He has a Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller card and I have a TP-Link Wireless N PCI express adapter. We both have Win 10. So why can he get an ethernet connection and I cannot? What am I missing?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco 5, ethernet and wifi
2021-05-07 03:20:40

@younso 

If your only connection is through a TP-Link Wi-Fi card, I would expect that is why you can not connect via Ethernet. 

As for the speed difference it is probably more related to the Wi-Fi back haul cascade effect of diminishing returns.  The fact that you are connecting to a Deco Satellite node which in turn connects to another Deco Satellite node which then in turn connects to the primary Deco Router node. 

Options
2021-05-07 08:43:36

@DAServicesLLC 

Right, I need to check my network card compared to my son's then. Any idea where I can do that?

Options
2021-05-18 09:39:04

Keep it up I like Thsi post how to reverse a curse

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 667

Replies: 3

Related Articles