New AX 1500 Router frequent loss of connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-09 22:41:01
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40465(5553) Hardware Version: Archer AX10 v1.20
I constantly get the amber light/loose cable error and connection loss, 8x in the last hour, while ethernet connected to the unit. Any remdey for this? The unit is 3 weeks old, brand new and seems totally broken. Thanks.

Firmware Version : 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40465(5553) Hardware Version : Archer AX10 v1.26
Options
3 Reply
Re:New AX 1500 Router frequent loss of connection
2021-05-10 12:17:59

@Needleman 

A few things to try:

• Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router.
  • Check for a firmware update.
  • Test without any USB devices attached.
  • Test with only one Ethernet device and in different ports.
  • Power off the modem, router, Ethernet devices and USB devices. Power up the modem, wait fot to stabilize, then the router, wait for it to stabilize, then the Ethernet devices, then any USB devices.  
  • Try different Ethernet cables
  • Be sure the Ethernet, ISP cable, and power cables are not close and running parallel to each other for any long distance.
  • Bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem to ensure it is not a ISP or modem issue.
Options
2021-05-10 14:40:25

Thanks, I will try those. I did get a different cat6 cable to supply, and am using different outlet with original power supply.

@Needleman 

Options
2021-05-12 22:59:51

@ArcherC8 

I have seen better performance with the above mentioned power and line changes (just 2 days so far).

However both my AX10 also have the issue that others have mentioned and independent testing experienced: 2.4 radio is not detectable. Both in tether say they are  sending but I can often not find them and as my security system is tied into that 2.4 wifi, it is a problem. Is there another firmware i can use? I remember someone mentioning a eurpean version? 

Also where can I change duplex/negotiation speed if I need to? That has been a big problem with other tpl eouters. (C7, C7, C2300). They seem not to have a setting for that or I just cannot find them. Sorry for the lengthy message. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 3

Related Articles