Problem with create administrator password due to "error loading module 'ssl.core' "

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with create administrator password due to "error loading module 'ssl.core' "

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 14:25:07 - last edited 2021-05-10 14:27:39
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello! 

We restored to default settings an Archer C6 AC1200 wireless router. Connected all of the cables, power, etc. The device turns on and all the lights turn solid green. I can access site indicated on the Quick Start Guide, both tplinkwifi.net and 192.168.0.1. It prompts me to create an "administrator password". I have tried several different variants for a password - low/medium/high security ones, as well as the suggested "admin". No matter what I put in the box, when I click on the button "Let's Get Started", nothing happens. The page doesn't reload, it doesn't redirect anywhere, it just sits there and nothing happens. 

I have tried it from a PC running Windows 10 with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. In web browser console in network after clicking "Let's Get Started" I'm receiving 500 error with response:

"error loading module 'ssl.core' from file '/usr/lib/lua/ssl.so':
    Not an ELF file
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function 'require'
    /usr/lib/lua/ssl.lua:9: in main chunk
    /usr/lib/lua/socket/tp.lua:15: in main chunk
    /usr/lib/lua/socket/smtp.lua:17: in main chunk
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/email.lua:14: in main chunk
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/admin/feedback.lua:17: in main chunk
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:555: in function 'createindex_plain'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:485: in function 'createindex'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:583: in function 'createtree'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:239: in function 'dispatch'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:196: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195>"

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZDhj0bwkm_CEX-FyjxBBr8n-595sNhzQ/view?usp=sharing

I have tried to do a hard reset of the router several times. It does not make any difference and I continually encounter the same issue. 

There are no options for me to try any default username/passwords or bypass this screen. I have a new device that will not setup and will not work.

How can I solve it or is it possible to connect device via ssh?

Please help! 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Problem with create administrator password due to "error loading module 'ssl.core' "
2021-05-10 16:48:26

@mikos9 

Not sure why you would be having this problem.

I would power off the router and PC, disconnect everything including the WAN and connect only a PC to one of the LAN ports. Power up the router and then the PC, then use the 192.168.0.1 to seen if you get to the Admin page. Try entering you new password. Some routers have issues with spaces and many special characters. If you get past that, them connect the modem and other devices.   

Options
Re:Problem with create administrator password due to "error loading module 'ssl.core' "
2021-05-10 20:21:41

I've made restarts, restore default settings few times. I used 192.168.0.1 WebGUI website also I was trying from Andriod App "TP Link Tether" with similar result "Can not change username and password". Router is working correctly with default settings, but I'm not able to reconfigure it. 

Is there any possibility to use default user/pass and skip this mandatory reseting user/pass on first step?

Options
2021-05-10 20:39:53
In the User manual, Page 12 https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200727/1910012811_Archer%20A6&Archer%20C6_UG.pdf I found Note: 1. If the login window does not appear, please refer to the FAQ Section 2. If you have registered a TP-Link ID and bound your cloud router to it, the login password you created here will be invalid. Please log in to the cloud router using your TP-Link ID. I suspect you may need to use the cloud log in.
Options
2021-05-11 08:54:32

@ArcherC8 Unfortunately it is not root cause of issue, router is working on default settings for last 2 years and noone was trying to reconfigure it. Now I need to reconfigure SSID and password and I'm not able to do it.

Options
2021-05-11 12:40:29

@mikos9 

I think at some point (maybe when you first set it up years ago) you set up a TP Link account and bound the router to it, hence you can not change it locally. You need to unbind it from TP Link Cloud to make changes locally or sign on to the TP Link cloud account to make the changes. 

I prefer to control my router locally.

Options
2021-05-12 08:42:55

@mikos9 

Is it possible to ask Administrator of TP-link cloud to unbound it or check if such connection exist?

Options
2021-05-12 14:16:41

@mikos9 

See the user manual Chapter 5...

If you want to unbind the admin TP-Link ID from your router, please go to Basic > TP-Link Cloud, an click Unbind in the Device Information section.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 919

Replies: 7