5 ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5 ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5 ghz
5 ghz
2021-05-13 05:49:35
Model: Archer C6U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

Hello.

Need some help here.

My 5ghz coverage is bad.

In 6m and 2 soft brick walls I only get 32mbs transmission speed rate reported by android. This is half the speed I get with the 2.4ghz router provided by my isp!. I do not think this is normal. Settings are on auto on wifi, I have latest firmware...

What could be wrong?

Options
2 Reply
Re:5 ghz
2021-05-19 16:36:33

@MadK9 

The 5G is very susceptible to physical interference. The 2.4G is able the broadcast further but is a common frequency so other devices interfere with it.

In your case having thick walls will degrade the signal. You can try moving the router to a different location to see if that may help. Other alternatives would be in using powerline devices where the internet is sent through your electrical wiring and broadcasted from the wireless powerline adapter like the TL-WPA8630KIT.

Options
Re:5 ghz
2021-05-19 17:05:37

@Tony 

Thanks Tony. 

Had no other emitting devices to interfere with 5ghz signal.

I am not gonna invest more in other devices as my needs for a greater coverage, more than those 6 m I have, are enough for now... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 695

Replies: 2

Related Articles