AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX50
AX50
2021-05-20 19:42:34
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My wife and I own a AX50 Ax3000 router (NOT AN ARCHER A10), under warranty.  It got hot and stopped connecting to the internet after about 12-14 months of problem-free use.  We asked for a replacement (after a 45 minute technical support chat a few days before!) and they wanted us to answer a lot of questions.  We did, except for one (1).  They wanted us to take pictures "with our phone" and email them.  We don't have phones like that.  We have a lan-line and that's it.  So now, it appears, Tp wants us to get a camera (go out and buy one I believe) and take pictures - really!  I'm 70 years old and not well.  Buying cameras and trying to take pictures of (their requiremetns):

1.  A wall electrical out-let.

2.  Charter/Spectrum modem box

3.  Tp Ax3000 router (the same one under warranty).

is beyond _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!!  I offered to send them the entire unit if they pay for postage - I don't need it, it gets really hot and stops connecting to the internet 4-6 times a day.  We'll see where that gets us.  Anyway, I'm sure some have good experiences with Tp and some not-so-good.  We're in the not-so-good group.  These folks think everybody is computer literate, carries iphones and is a Charter/Spectrum modem expert!  We're not.  So, be advised, your warranty may end up like ours - worthless - unless you own a picture taking phone and can manipulate it to send pictures in an email and understand computer science as well..  ...and even then, good luck.... 

One thing is gonna happen though; all my kids and grandkids and everyone they know will never buy a Tp product.  It seems as though they'll do everything they can to not honor their warranty and product(s).  They'll keep giving you the run-around until you tire of it (like me and my wife) and just let the matter drop.  You been warned.

Kiss that $150.00 good-bye.

Sand1man

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX50
2021-05-20 21:40:43

@Sand1man 

So the reason they requested the pictures is because of the reported issue.  Its standard practice to ask for these items when a potential saftey issue is reported.  However, that said its not required.  If you do have the means to provide this information all you need to do is let the agent know, which it looks like you did as they have moved on to vlaidating the purchase to approve a replacement.  All you need to do is respond to that email with a copy of your proof of purchase and the process can move on from there. 

Options
2021-05-20 22:43:22

@Carl 

Sorry Carl - if that were only true.

First I get:  To begin the replacement process we must first validate your product.  Please provide an image of the receipt or purchase order along with a picture of the label at the bottom of the product. 

Second (3 hours later) I get:  To begin the replacement process we must first validate your product.  Please provide a picture of the sticker label at the bottom of the product. 

Never mind I do not own a phone-camera or regular camera, which I've repeated so many times I really wonder if there is an English problem, or a Comprehension problem.

I am going to try and scan it in.....really....Scan A Router - What a joke!

And I am willing bet, before the day is out, they'll want something else, from a camera No Less, before "the next step."  What a reaally unfortunate operation this is turning out to be.

So, no.  Its not just a case of send in proof of purchase.  Its a case of sending in Multiple documents, over time, and to what end - who knows !!!!

Options
2021-05-21 01:00:32

@Sand1man 

Honestly support is only asking for all of this information as a time saver to know if they can approve an RMA or not.  all you need to do is register the product on https://myproducts.tp-link.com/us/login?redirect=%2F.  Now you will need to provide a copy of the proof of purchase.  This is so we can validate the purchase and ensure the seller is authorized.  Products sold by unauthorized retailer/re-sellers are not eligible for replacements.  sellers on marketplaces such as eBay or Amazon's marketplace are typically 2nd hand sellers and warranties cannot be extended.  What you can do is also email ussupportteam@tp-link.com after the product is registered and our local support team can review and approve the RMA should the seller be authorized.  We don't need pictures sent the POP can be put in the warrant system when you register the product. 

Options