Problems when installing driver for Archer T3U plus usb adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 13:53:36
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I just bought a Archer 3U Plus usb adapter, and had some issues when installing it.

When I tried to insall the Windows 10 driver for the adapter via the website, I got the blue windows crash screen and Windows needed to be repaired (At the time I forgot to remember the error message). Afterwards, suprisingly I found that a driver was installed but i's unclear to me if I did that, or perhaps Windows autoinstalled some kind of driver?

This is wat it says in my device manager: Network adapters> TP-Link Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter. (see picture)

So does his mean it's installed correctly? Even thow Windows needed to be repaired?  

Also I was wondering how I can swich between 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz? on the package it says you can but I haven't seen any option for it, maybe his is the case because the driver didn't install whell?  

In case you need to know, my version of Windows is: Windows 10 pro, 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems when installing driver for Archer T3U plus usb adapter
2021-05-25 18:31:26

@Jasperrr 

Based on that it seems like it did install a driver which windows did do automatically. If the adapter is working then I would leave it at that, but if you continue to have issues, you can uninstall the driver, then install the T3U driver by grabbing it here: link

Here is how to manually install the drivers: link

I would look at your system information to see what bit version you have for windows, but if you have 32 bit, you would use the x86, and if you have 64 bit, you would use x64.

Options