AX50 Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX50 Slow speeds
AX50 Slow speeds
2021-05-21 23:26:58
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: Latest

I just upgraded my speed as of today to 1GB from 300Mbps and when I'm using my service providers router I get full speed. When I put back my ax 50 it literally cuts the speed down in half.

The only settings that I made on the ax50 are simple port forwarding rules for a couple of Nas that I have here. Other than that stock configuration.

I had to swap back to the service providers router which I hate because I don't want to lose more than 50% of my speed. Anyone have any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX50 Slow speeds
2021-05-24 12:44:41

@YanksOnTop 

You say you replaced the ISP's router, what do you connect to? I assume they provide an Ethernet feed or do they provide a separate modem also?

Is it wired speed or WIFI speed where you have the issue?

If you have not done so, do set up IPv6. Use https://test-ipv6.com/ to see if you get 10/10 result.

Options
2021-05-24 21:17:49

@ArcherC8 Thanks for the response.  

Looks like the issue might have been coming from a router backup.  I factory reset the router and it would work fine.  Then I would restore the back up and it would kill the speeds.  The only thing in the backup was some port forwarding.  I finally just did a factory reset on the router and maually put all the port forwarding and triggering back in and so far so good.

And the speeds were wired. Although the wifi speeds are not that great but Im not really gonna complain about getting 300-400Mbps up and down via wifi. And this is to a wifi 6 enabled device. Wired Im getting 940/940Mbps.

I havent tried using IPV6 yet.  Can you point me to some references on how to set that up in my home?  I willing to try for sure.

Thanks

Options
2021-05-28 11:41:34

@YanksOnTop 

Setting up IPv6 varies with the router and the ISP. I had to try many combos before I got it to work on my Archer C8 using Xfinity.

Since every ISP and network setup is different, what works for me, may not work for you. Also your router may have different options. In my case it took many tries of different combinations to get it to work. I recommend you backup the router prior to starting.

I use:

•  WAN connection type of DHCPv6
  • Get non-temporary IPv6 off
  • Get IPv6 prefix on
  • Get IPv6 DNS server Automatically on
  • Use the following IPv6 DNS servers off
  • LAN IPv6 address assign type as SLAAC
  • IPv6 prefix as ::
  • I also power cycled my router between some of the changes.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 3

Related Articles