Archer C6 router not working properly after connecting AC1200 Range Extender RE305

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 router not working properly after connecting AC1200 Range Extender RE305

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-23 00:18:12
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I had bought Archer C6 router in Aug 2020 and it was working perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever. Then in May 2021 I bought the Archer1200 Range Extender RE305 and it was working fine for half a day. After that the wifi kept disconnecting in the main Archer C6 router. The internet connection from the ISP modem was working fine, but the router Wifi was switching off and on every 2 minutes or so. 

Then I disconnected the Archer 1200 Rabge Extender and rebooted the router, but the issue is still there. I am not sure how a range extender can make a router unstable. Even after disconnecting the extender and rebooting the router. Someone please help me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 router not working properly after connecting AC1200 Range Extender RE305
2021-05-24 12:23:34

@TanzeelShedde 

I do not think it was the extender that caused your issue.

Did you change any settings in the router at that time?

I would try the following:

• Be sure your firmware is up to date.
  • Ensure you are using the power adapter that came with the router.
  • Be sure the Ethernet cables are at least CAT 5E or better and in good condition.
  • Power cycle all (Power off modem, router and the PC, power up the modem, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, the power up the PC).
  • I would turn on IPv6 if it is not on already
  • Check to see is all of the antennas are attached correctly.
  • Reposition the router if you moved it as other devices close to it can affect it.
  • Be sure to use a different SSID on the extender than the main router.
  • Do a factory reset on the router (note that you will need to reenter all your router settings)
  • On your devices that have the connection issues to WIFi, delete (forget) the networks on them and re-establish them.
  • Use different WIFI channels and widths

The more I think about it, I sort of suspect that you used the same SSID on the extender as the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 1

Related Articles