Keep losing Internet connection from fairly new router ever since installed new cable modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Keep losing Internet connection from fairly new router ever since installed new cable modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-05 15:47:03

ISP: Xfinity

I've been been having intermittent connectivity issues with them unbeknownst to me. Tech can or and replaced ALL external cable from street to house. Everything was working fine until.,. It wasn't. 
have tried troubleshooting with Xfinity REPEATEDLY and basically it's "not their problem". 
beginning to wonder if it's not too late to return this product and but something from another manufacturer. I've been using this one without incident for some time and WAS very happy with it. Have also got an EERO mesh between working very well on my house which had its challenges since it's quite old and had interior stone walls that are over 12inches thick. 
please contact me at your earliest convenience, preferably via cell phone at:

while I await your --hopefully prompt-- reply I'll continue to wait in the queue for online support via chat. 
thanks in advance to your helpful assistance,

Warmest regards

Judy Hnat 

pronouns: she/her/they

Options
3 Reply
Re:Keep losing Internet connection from fairly new router ever since installed new cable modem
2021-07-05 19:41:28

@Jahnat193 

I would connect a PC direct to the modem via Ethernet bypassing the router and determine if you have a router issue or a modem/ISP issue.

Options
Re:Keep losing Internet connection from fairly new router ever since installed new cable modem
2021-07-07 15:22:07

@Jahnat193 

Hello,

I have the same problem.  TP link tech asked me to contact my ISP while they are looking at the problem on their end.  This morning I contacted Spectrum, definitely the problem is with Spectrum.  Their modem light never shut off, but the service is not staple.  So Spectrum is sending someone to solve the issue.

Hope this will help.

SaintSaintLwin

Options
2021-08-24 22:21:55

@Jahnat193 this will fix your issue. I had similar problem and it turned out to be a part on the pole that was there's. Ask the tech to switch your I'm coming line to see if that works also. That will show you that the switch on the pole since it will have 4-9 places to connect on some. If he says that he can't do it just ask him I've made so many calls and would like to see if it's your hardware or you might hav etc change companies. I had to change as Spectrum wouldn't change their switch saying it cost 💲 600 or more and only 4 houses contect to it any one time 

Options