Unable to do Web-Filtering URL Blocking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-21 11:08:29
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200908 rel.69273(5553)

Hello Community,

I have an issue here when I'm trying to block a specific URL / Domain on a router level.
There seems to not be such a setting in my current router, how am I able to block it in that case ?

I do not want to open up a parental control and assign all devices under a specific category with a homeshield such as Son/Daughter and so on as that will not add any new devices in. I need it to be flexible for any devices that's newly connected to my router.

Regards
Wans.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to do Web-Filtering URL Blocking
2021-07-21 11:50:57

@Wans88 

If the router does not support it, you may be able to block it by using a different DNS server if it falls into one of the classes that the DNS server already blocks such as adult sites.

Also some DNS providers have custom options where you can block specific sites such as OpenDNS. There are both paid and free versions by different companies.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 1

Related Articles