Changed password on network, can't login with devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-27 08:29:05 - last edited 2021-07-27 08:31:45
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901(5553)

I have a home network. Changed the password on it. When I tried to enter the password in my iPhone or IPad, it gives me the error:

"Unable to join the network ***" (If your network security is managed by Wi-Fi Address (also known as "MAC Address"), you may need to turn off Private Wi-Fi Address or modify your network settings."

My new password is about 30 characters with special characters mixed in. Nothing weird. (I had some in my last password, but it wasn't quite as long. Is this the issue?)

I have checked and rechecked the password about 5 times (entered by copy/paste to make sure I didn't mess it up. Made sure there were no extra spaces in front or in back.)

I restarted router, modem and my iPad and iPhone about 3 or 4 times.

I reset network settings on my iPhone.

I even tried typing in the password manually. nada.

Making my network less secure at this time is not really an option.

Any ideas on what my next step might be?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Changed password on network, can't login with devices
2021-07-27 11:46:14

@Hickdawg 

Different devices and routers have different rules about password and SSID length and what special characters can be used.

Sometimes you need to test different characters with your device and router. If it were me, I would use the guest network and try different ones to see which character(s) may be giving me the issue. First make sure the SSID can be used (reverse the SSID characters and use an easy password to see if it connects). If it does work then try simple passwords to see what special characters works such as PASSWORD&, then PASSWORD*,... 

Let us know what character(s) you find that do not work.

Options
Re:Changed password on network, can't login with devices
2021-07-27 18:12:22
Excellent idea! Unfortunately I have literally been up for over 24 hours and not thinking as well as I should be. Some devices are now on, some not. I will try the simple password when I wake up to see if I can get the other devices online. Thank you very much!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 2