archer c80 max clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer c80 max clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
archer c80 max clients
archer c80 max clients
2021-08-08 22:58:41
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hey, I have 2 questions about the archer c80. 

1. How much devices can I connect to the router at the same time?

2. The AX10 is worth the price difference for 1000/100 fiber connection? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:archer c80 max clients
2021-08-10 12:31:06

@BingBong 

Not sure of the max devices,

Upgrade would depend of many things.

• Does the new router have a feature/function the old router has that you want or need?
  • Does the current router have any issues?
  • Do you have AX devices that are on WIFI that can benefit such as a laptop that needs that speed? Normal surfing, phones, and tablets will not benefit with the routers possible  increase of speed. Video editing and such requires that faster WIFI speed but most would use Ethernet connection instead.
  • Are you having WIFI issues in the far reaches of coverage? Some report better WIFI coverage with AX.
  • Do you plan to increase your ISP speed? If so a different router would be better.
  • Do you have a lot of devices where the extra stream would be helpful?

I think most would not benefit very much from the upgrade. If you do upgrade, you may want to consider a more robust one that would be more future proof.

Options
Re:archer c80 max clients
2021-08-10 22:00:56

BingBong wrote

Hey, I have 2 questions about the archer c80. 

1. How much devices can I connect to the router at the same time?

@BingBong 

Well, for #1, look here, https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201748

Note the words LAB and Real World:

============================

In the lab, a TP-Link SOHO wireless router can support more than 64 clients simultaneously. But in a real world scenario, to ensure a stable network environment, we recommend you and your family connect about 25 devices to a standard Wi-Fi 5 router. For a tri-band router, like Archer C4000, the number of available connected devices goes up to 50.

Note: The recommended number of connected devices may vary by the hardware specification, software version, the router’s wireless standard, and other environmental factors like subscription bandwidth, physical obstruction, and signal interference.

============================

I seen it specified as 32 devices per band, so that matches the 64 above, but a Tri-band adds the 2nd 5Ghz and should bring it up to 96 devices (in a lab). Again, read the whole page, and there is no 'standard' device that one could calculate the true answer for YOU. There is a big difference between have 50 PC just browsing the web at the same time with an occasional device running a YouTube video and one other doing a small d/l, vs. 7 Smart TV's watching TV and a Server connected to umpteen devices on the Internet grabbing files from it and 2 kids using an Xbox to play games.

All I can say it try it.

By the way, 'connect' is not the same as 'active'. You can connect 254 devices probably.

No matter how many you have active, the input Mbps will limit what each device can get assuming equal service to each device. Roughtly speaking, you have 100Mbps coming in, and 10 devices active. Each device will NOT get the full 100Mbps in a 'time slice', but 1/10th or 10Mbps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3008

Replies: 2