Unable to Access Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 20:14:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.39623

Hello I am hoping someone can help me. 

I am unable to access the internet with the Archer A7 V5. Internet runs fine when connected directly to the modem via cat6 ethernet cable. The router logs don't show any errors. I've had the router for about 2 years and this just happened all of a sudden a few days ago This is what I've tried: 

1. Unplugging the modem, plugged back in, verified all LEDs are solid 

2. Tested the ISP by connecting the PC directly to the modem (able to access internet)

3. On the web login, I checked internet status and indicates it is connected to the internet 

4. Cloned PC's MAC address 

5. Rebooted modem and reconnected coaxial cable 

6. Enabled get IP address using unicast DHCP

7. Set the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

I've tried these steps numerous times and am still not able to access the internet with a cat6 ethernet cable connected directly from the pc to the router (which is connected to the modem). 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to Access Internet
2021-08-16 22:12:03

@matt87825 \

What is your WAN/Internet IP address?  This can be seen on the Advanced menu in the user UI.

Options
2021-08-18 07:08:06 - last edited 2021-08-18 07:11:10

@matt87825 

What to do if the our client website is not working even though the internal is often at full speed.

Give me a reply that will let me know.

Because I have tried from many different ways, but even if the internet runs at some point, our ofiicial website does not load properly. Please tell me the reasons for this.

Options
2021-08-18 17:03:36

@sanvidave 

Are you speaking about your company's website?  Matt is not a TP-Link employee so he may not know these answer.  I would need to know more, such as what TP-Link router you have and your service type etc.  

Options
2021-08-18 17:09:43

@matt87825 

That was my bad.  I should have been more clear.  I deleted your response as you do not want to share your public IP publically.  I also deleted it before reviewing the message.  I was concerned about protecting your infromation if it was a true public IP.  If the address starts with a 10.x.x.x a 172.16.x.x. or a 192.168.x.x it is a private IP and that may indicate you have the router connnected to a Gateway and may be experiancing a Double NAT issue.  If that is the case you can either remove the gateway and plug this router directly into the modem or if that is not possible put this router in AP mode.  If the address was anything other than the above let me know but don't share it. 

Options
2021-08-24 22:13:27

@matt87825 if I was you I'd try control access make sure your address didn't change. If it's a lap top and you went to restaurant coffee shop or friends house etc then your Mac changed try to erase your iD in the router and restart it after reset. This time choose don't clone addresses cause if you've changed modem even your MAC iD is different this happen to me also. Hope this helps you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 5

Related Articles