AX73/AX5400: How to view internet usage statistics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 16:58:46
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210717 rel.62921(5553)

When I look at Homeshield Reports I see a section for Internet Usage Statistics but there is no data listed there or for Online Time Ranking.  Is this supposed to be usage per device or per family member?  I haven't set up the family members because I have no need of it.

I have also looked through all the tabs on the web interface to the router and I see nothing regarding usage statistics or setting data caps per device.  Do these exist somewhere else?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX73/AX5400: How to view internet usage statistics
2021-11-25 11:33:54

@JeffC68 

Hello, you need to add at least add a device to the family members if you want to get the data for Internet Usage Statistics.

Options
2021-12-29 02:28:13 - last edited 2021-12-29 02:30:12

@Kevin_Z 

I have family profiles created for my Archer AX73/AX5400 and am receiving "Weekly Reports" from Homeshield. 

However, the last section of the report is always incomplete.  Under "Internet Usage Statistics" it states which user(s) "spent the longest time online" and "consumed the most internet traffic."  Beneath that, there are corresponding graphs for "Online Time Ranking" and "Online Traffic Ranking."  The first graph for "Online Time Ranking" shows a horizontal bar graph detailing the total time online per user along with precise metrics on total hours and minutes online.  But the second graph for "Online Traffic Ranking" is always empty and incorrectly reports "0 KB" traffic for all users.  Please don't respond that the second graph requires a subscription to Homeshield Pro.  This is most definitely a bug as the graph otherwise shouldn't even be visible to Homeshield Basic accounts and it makes no sense for Homeshield to disclose which user "consumed the most internet traffic" while reporting total traffic as 0 KB for all users.  Can this please be corrected in Homeshield?  The included "reports" are extremely rudimentary and sparse as they stand -- they should at least all function correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Firmware Version:

1.1.0 Build 20211119 rel.46484(5553) -- The issue described above existed on all prior firmware versions as well.

Hardware Version:

Archer AX73 v1.0

Options
2021-12-30 12:07:28

@MikeS21 

Hello, as previously confirmed with the team, in order to have and monitor the "Online Traffic Ranking", you do need to subscribe to the HomeShield Pro. I understand this can be frustrating since this is not mentioned on the configuration UI, we should add clear prompts to let you know. This has been forwarded to the team to optimize.

Options
2021-12-30 15:30:22

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.  However, it's disappointing that you expect me to accept the generic go-to response that the solution is to "upgrade to HomeShield Pro."

Let's review the facts.  Within the HomeShield report section of the Tether app, the UI clearly states "Tap for your network activity and protection history" (emphasis on your added by me).  This indicates that the subsequently displayed reports are those which are included in the price of HomeShield Basic.

7e18d6cae78140d98a06e34b6bd5315e

As I explained, the "Online Traffic Ranking" report falls within this section of the included reports, but is constantly empty.  A separate screen revealing the additional reports for HomeShield Pro is advertised through an additional link to "Show me more reports."

a68223caabe1436194b5a0e9f3342e26

Again, the Online Traffic Ranking report is part of the included "network activity" reporting, not the additional reports.  Clicking on the link for more reports clearly identifies those reports as "Example" reports that are available for HomeShield Pro and require the user to "Subscribe to the HomeShield Pro service to get more comprehensive reports."

f2b631c00e5e46199e2c19486cc37dbd

Therefore, I don't find the response acceptable.  As the "Online Traffic Ranking" report is part of the included reports section, it should be functional and accurate.  This is not an issue of optimizing the prompts for clarity so that users understand this report requires an upgrade.  This reporting is already minimal as it stands.  Without the inclusion of the "Online Traffic Ranking", the "Weekly/Monthly" reporting available to HomeShield Basic users is essentially non-existent.  Ask yourself what other "network activity" metrics would be meaningful on a regular basis.  It's far more plausible to assume that this constitutes part of the basic set of functionality for HomeShield's touted reporting feature than to assume this is an advanced feature for Pro subscribers only. 

Otherwise it's extremely troubling that TP Link can simply insist that users purchase upgrade subscriptions in order to address defects in the basic service advertised with their product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2776

Replies: 4

Related Articles