Link Aggregation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Link Aggregation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Link Aggregation
Link Aggregation
2021-09-08 13:47:49

Simple question on link aggregation,  I have a service provider modem with two ports with two separate IP addy's,  each lan is 200 megabit.

If I get a Tp link Router with Link Aggregation function...

Will I get aprox  400 megabit service?  Both Ethernet out of router and Wi-Fi?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Link Aggregation
2021-09-09 00:46:01

@Stevenet 

Hello Steve,

No Since each port has its own IP address technically that would be two different services.  and that is not how the WAN aggregation would be when your modem has one service but 2 active ports for that service and the modem itself supports WAN aggregation.  In this type of scenario your service speed can be up to 2 Gbps 

Options
2021-09-09 02:49:58

@Carl  Thank You for that information.

The ISP modem does support Link Aggregation as shown below.  Arris cm8200  However each Port is a different IP addy.  Strange.

"Link Aggregation Configuration

NOTE: Ethernet Link Aggregation applies to various methods of combining (aggregating) multiple network connections in parallel in order to increase throughput beyond what a single connection could sustain, and to provide redundancy in case one of the links should fail.

box for check mark >      Enable LAG"
Options
2022-01-19 02:36:32

@Stevenet this maybe a silly question but I'm curious. I have the AX11000 and the AV2000 Powerline Extenders. Would I be able to take advantage of the the Link Aggression feature on the AX11000 to increase the bandwidth through the Powerline adapter. Both AV2000 adapters have two Ethernet ports. Again silly question but curious nonetheless. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1039

Replies: 3

Related Articles