AC1750 Archer A7 Slow WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-26 16:45:41
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I purchased an Archer A7 router on Amazon, because my old router did not have the port forwarding options that I needed.

My internet plan gives me 220mbps download speed, and 12mbps upload speed on average.

When directly connected to the router with an ethernet cable, I get the proper speeds of 220 down/12 up. However, the wi-fi connection only gives me 20-30 download, and an unstable connection of 2-10 upload. My old router had the correct speeds of 220 download/12 upload on wi-fi without issue. 

I have searched other threads with this same issue and have already tried NAT boost, disabling security, swapping to and from 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, disabling WMM, manually setting QoS, and increasing the bandwidth allowance of my 5Ghz connection, with no success. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1750 Archer A7 Slow WiFi
2021-09-26 18:01:09

@JamesET 

Does this happen on multiple devices or just one?

Power off the modem, the router, and the PC. Wain 5 minutes, power up the modem, wait for to stabilize, then power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the PC.

Are you using the power adapter that came with the router?

Any USB devices attached? If so try without them.

Check the setting in the PC to see if there is some limit there.

If the firmware current on the router?

Is the PC software current including the network drivers?

Options
2021-09-26 22:37:51

@ArcherC8 This happens on all wifi devices, I have only tested on my phone, my nintendo switch, and my mother's iPad so far. I attempted the restarting you suggested but the download speed still stops at 20ish mbps. I'm using the power adapter that came with the router, and there are no USB devices involved. The settings on my phone would have no effect, since my last router worked just fine, and it's happening to multiple devices. The firmware and software on the devices and router are all up to date as well. 

Options
2021-09-27 18:10:10

@JamesET 

I would contact support directly and see about a replacement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 3

Related Articles