AX6600 Archer GX90 Slow Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-18 16:31:45 - last edited 2021-10-18 16:34:18
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20201021 rel.75785(5553)

I've been using a C4000XG Greenwave router which comes with new Quantum fiber installations which gave me advertised speeds of 940/940 while on ethernet, but it has always been a nightmare with WiFi. Cast wouldn't work unless devices were on the same band and wouldn't over ethernet at all, both PS5s would give me sub 100kbps upload, and WiFi calling would drop randomly from all over the house. Speed tests to phones would get 300/300 or so, but would have intermittent connection issues and streaming was sluggish to buffer, and pinging items from my hardwired PC would bring up results like 3ms, 150ms, 130ms, 5ms with intermittent packet loss. We've gone through three of these after two failed, and I finally hit my limit.

Fast forward six months and I decide to finally make what I thought would be a pretty significant upgrade by getting a TP-Link AX6600 Archer GX90. I plugged it directly into the freshly rebooted ONT via the 2.5gb WLAN port, set up VLAN Tagging, and was off to the races for a moment. Speed test was pulling up 400+ mb on WiFi. Then I did a few more and never got over 300. Booted up the PC which again is hardwired and couldn't crack 650 down 900 up on any speed test. I have verified that the duplex for the WLAN and ethernet ports are both reading 1000 Mbps Full Duplex. I have turned any traffic shaping via the game center on and off to no avail as well.

Everything feels snappier, videos are buffering quicker, Steam and XBL downloads are going pretty quick, pings are low, but my raw speed tests just aren't there. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would be occuring? I'm losing my mind endlessly solving one issue only to run into another.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm just disappointed what I thought would be the endgame for me and networking has only caused more problems.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 0