No wi fi after update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No wi fi after update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No wi fi after update
No wi fi after update
2021-11-03 11:08:27
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I was on the Internet find the website for the router. The app that I was using called Tether. I checked  call of the devices that were using my Internet and Wi-Fi. All of the devices checked out except for one I could not find that one so I blocked it after I downloaded an update that's when the problem started. I don't know what to do now my cable company assured me that I was receiving the signal but my router is not putting it out. What do I do now

Options
1 Reply
Re:No wi fi after update
2021-11-03 20:57:04

@Fireman72 

Can you see your WIFI SSIDs in your network settings on your devices? If not, the firmware update may have set your router to factory. I would reset it to factory again, then re-enter your settings.

Are you getting Internet via an Ethernet connection to the router?

If not, bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem and see if you are getting Internet.

If you are getting internet connected to the modem, but not when the PC is connected to the router and the router connected to the modem via Ethernet, You may have lost the LAN IP. Check your settings to see if the LAN IP setting is zero or have a valid address.  If zero, power off the modem, router, and PC, then unplug them especially the modem. Wait a few minutes for the capacitors to drain. Plug the modem in, power on and wait for it to stabilize, now power up the router and wait for it to stabilize, then the power up the PC and then check to see if you have Internet.  

Options