USB wifi adapter won't connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-11 20:27:23 - last edited 2021-11-12 05:57:23
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just received the TL-WN725N wireless N nano USB adapter.

I installed it to my laptop, but it would not connect to the internet, it would say connected, but no internet (the same problem that my original wifi adapter is having,  even though EVERYTHING ELSE connects just fine).

I restarted my laptop, same problem. Restarted the router, same problem.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter and now get the message that my network is outdated and it won't connect. EVERYTHING ELSE IN MY HOUSE IS CONNECTED.

I am BEYOND frustrated with this mess.

My laptop is an HP Pavillion running Windows 10. My router is owned by Comcast and is an ARRIS Group, Inc. TG1682G.

When I log into my Comcast account,  it says my device is up to date. Two other computers in my house use Windows 10 and have not had this issue. Any idea on what I can do? I can't connect my laptop to the internet at all.

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB wifi adapter won't connect to internet
2021-11-23 23:04:28

@lavenderspark 

Typcially if a device connects to the wireless but does not have internet access it is because the MAC of the adapter is being blocked by the router.  This usually happens if there is any type of access control setup on the router.  Being a Comcast branded device I would suggest reaching out to Comcast and letting them know that you have a USB network adapter that connects to the SSID but is not being allowed internet access and have them help with Access Control. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1034

Replies: 1