Deco M5 3 pack wifi signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-20 04:26:54 - last edited 2021-11-20 05:09:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question on the 3 pack Deco M5.

It shows on the back of the box that router 1 (main router) is sending a wifi signal to router 2 and router 1 is also sending a wifi signal to router 3, with router 2 and router 3 not sending each other signals.

For my setup I'm wanting them to be in a straight line, with router 1 (main router) not being in the middle but at the end, so I'll need router 2 (in the middle) )to be sending a wifi signal to router 3 (almost like an extender). Router 1 (main router) won't be in reach to send a wifi signal to router 3 as it will be next to our modem right at the end of the house and router 3 will be far away. Is this possible?

I have linked a photo for reference of what the back of the box looks like, but it's not the setup I'm wanting.

Thanks

File:
deco-m5.jpegDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 3 pack wifi signal
2021-11-23 21:46:41

@sarahtekken 

Hello Sarah

Ideally the main unit, the one connected to your service provider's equipment, should be centerally located.  This is to maximize the coverage and performance through out the network.  That said, if doing so is not possible a linear setup is also possible.  Though performance may not be as good.  Aslo note that you can have up to 10 total Deco nodes in one network.  So if further expansion is needed, you do have possiblity for growth.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 1

Related Articles