x60 Deco 3 pack (1 as main router)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 17:20:30
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I recently bought a 2 pack deco x60 off amazon and the setup is basically I have a main archer router in my basement which is hardwired to a deco in my family room, which is connected wireless to a deco in my bedroom. Both decos are in router mode and the one in the family room creates a different wifi signal of course. I see there is a 3 pack deal for a deco x60 off costco. What I want to accomplish, if possible, is have the same wifi signal in the house that would allow me to not have to switch wifi signals. Currently, while nota big deal, as I move from basement -> family room and vice versa, my phone doesn't switch to the basement wifi / to the family room wifi. If I grab this 3 pack deco, is it possible to have 1 main deco wired to my modem (replacing my old archer router), and the other 2 as slave decos in the family room and the bedroom where the family room would still be hardwired to this main deco in the basement, and have it be the same wifi signal with fast roaming? I would like to do this IF there is no issue of channel clogging / bandwidth issues of using just 1 signal. Can someone let me know if this configuration is possible, thanks. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:x60 Deco 3 pack (1 as main router)
2021-03-04 18:14:20

@Kamui_Amaterasu Short answer is YES. You can also do this now with your current setup. Only one device on your networ should be in router mode. The Deco's you have now should be in AP mode since the Archer is acting as the router. Good luck.

Systems Support Technician: We do PRECISION Guess Work based on unreliable data provided by those of Questionable Knowledge
Options
Re:x60 Deco 3 pack (1 as main router)
2021-03-05 00:27:29

@Kamui_Amaterasu 

Here is an article that talks about the differences between router mode and AP mode: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2399/

If you get the extra three you can have just the nodes scattered where you will have one wireless network to connect to so you would stick with the default mode (router mode)

Options