Using Deco X60 routers 3 Pack + Planning to use couple of PoE based Ceiling mount Access points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Using Deco X60 routers 3 Pack + Planning to use couple of PoE based Ceiling mount Access points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-28 20:41:50 - last edited 2023-10-04 16:55:21
Tags: #Deco X60
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Currently I'm using Deco X60 3-pack routers and I like them except few seconds internet drop once a day. In my home, I do have couple of access point mount along with PoE option on the ceiling of first floor and second floor. So Can i buy EAP610 AX1800 Ceiling Mount WiFi 6 Access Point and connect them from base Deco X60 router thru PoE? Will it work seamlessly? Also I'm using deco/home care app for managing Deco x60 routers. Will it get affected because of adding EAP610 AX1800 Ceiling Mount WiFi 6 Access Points? Please advise.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using Deco X60 routers 3 Pack + Planning to use couple of PoE based Ceiling mount Access points-Solution
2023-09-28 21:23:34 - last edited 2023-10-04 16:55:21

Hey  @Sridharvsi,

Since you already have a deco mesh network, you will be much better off looking at the Deco X50-PoE or the Deco X50-Outdoor. The X50-PoE also offers a ceiling mount option for your situation. 

Our EAPs are largely meant for business use and will not be able to create a seamless connection between your Deco Mesh and their connections. I would only recommend adding an AP to a Deco network if it is going to be in a completely isolated area as it will create interference and potentially have a negative impact on your existing network and connections. You would also need to then use two different apps and interfaces to manage your network.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Deco X60 routers 3 Pack + Planning to use couple of PoE based Ceiling mount Access points-Solution
2023-09-28 21:23:34 - last edited 2023-10-04 16:55:21

Hey  @Sridharvsi,

Since you already have a deco mesh network, you will be much better off looking at the Deco X50-PoE or the Deco X50-Outdoor. The X50-PoE also offers a ceiling mount option for your situation. 

Our EAPs are largely meant for business use and will not be able to create a seamless connection between your Deco Mesh and their connections. I would only recommend adding an AP to a Deco network if it is going to be in a completely isolated area as it will create interference and potentially have a negative impact on your existing network and connections. You would also need to then use two different apps and interfaces to manage your network.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 162

Replies: 1

Tags

Deco X60
Related Articles