Wired Clients Can't Login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-23 04:17:08 - last edited 2021-11-25 07:02:00
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Got a weird issue I've never seen before ... 

Ever since I lost internet service with Xfinity (they got me in their walled garden until I throw $300 at them), both my wired PCs -- Windows 10 on primary, Manjaro on secondary -- can not pull up the web interface on the AX3000 in a browser. It keeps timing out but the router does respond to ping requests on both wired machines. 

My phone has no issue and is the only device that pulls up the web interface every time via IP address once connected to it. My phone also has the Tether app installed but it no longer works without active internet service. I've rebooted the router numerous times and quadruple checked firewalls to no avail. Simply put, my wired devices keep timing out every single time ... 

Any help is appreciated. 

Firmware was never updated from what it shipped with, and I couldn't update to any new versions now even if I wanted to as I'm offline for the foreseeable future (and bumming bandwidth from a neighbor). 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wired Clients Can't Login -Solution
2021-11-24 08:20:36 - last edited 2021-11-25 07:02:00
Ahah! I'm a dolt! 😆 Did some digging and found out that the Home Management setting was configured to only allow router management by approved devices. The only approved devices were my phone and the i5 4670k Manjaro box since that's was my primary rig at the time of purchasing and configuring the router back in the spring. In September, I built my Ryzen 5 rig as my primary, and moved the quad core over by the couch to replace a 32bit HP mini too old and slow for even Debian to help me with PS4 gaming, and since the Ryzen rig wasn't an approved device, the AX3000 treated it as persona non grata. I changed the setting to let all wired LAN clients in and that should settle it. I'll verify it later - I just sat down for some Star Ocean IAF and not moving any time soon! 😁
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wired Clients Can't Login
2021-11-23 18:34:56

@BatRastard 

The lack of internet service should not affect the router's interface access but it is possible that its trying to do a web search result and with the wallgarden status blocking the page from properly loading.  I would suggest to disconnect the WAN's ethernet cable and then trying again with either the default gateway IP or tplinkwifi.net.  You may also want to clear your broswer's chache and cookies as that is often what is blocking the page from loading. 

Options
Re:Wired Clients Can't Login
2021-11-23 20:32:31
I tried with the WAN cable unplugged and rebooted the router. No go there. Tried Chrome and Firefox on both machines as well as Edge on the Windows box and still times out. Only using the default IP here but let me try the other method ... Well that's weird ... tplinkwifi.net worked! Default gateway IP times out ...
Options
Re:Wired Clients Can't Login -Solution
2021-11-24 08:20:36 - last edited 2021-11-25 07:02:00
Ahah! I'm a dolt! 😆 Did some digging and found out that the Home Management setting was configured to only allow router management by approved devices. The only approved devices were my phone and the i5 4670k Manjaro box since that's was my primary rig at the time of purchasing and configuring the router back in the spring. In September, I built my Ryzen 5 rig as my primary, and moved the quad core over by the couch to replace a 32bit HP mini too old and slow for even Debian to help me with PS4 gaming, and since the Ryzen rig wasn't an approved device, the AX3000 treated it as persona non grata. I changed the setting to let all wired LAN clients in and that should settle it. I'll verify it later - I just sat down for some Star Ocean IAF and not moving any time soon! 😁
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 3

Related Articles