Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS

Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS

46 Reply
Re:Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS
2023-07-18 19:04:15

@TP-Link This feature request has proven to be quite popular for a while now. Do you have any update on the possibility of this coming to a TP-Link router in the future? Has engineering looked into this request at all so far? Any update would be greatly appreciated by the many users who are really looking for solution. 

This is a feature that would be free for TP-Link to adopt.  It will also bring TP-Link to others as a possibility as right now, for many, the bloat issue is too great to even consider routers that do not have SQM. Truly hoping that this comes to the brand soon, it would be a game changer for many. 

Options
2023-07-28 19:31:23

@SpiderLAN 

Definitely interested in this as well. The Decos have been working fine for about 5 months and in the last week, the ping under load has been awful. Can't even play competitive FPS games anymore. I'm not sure if it coincides with the latest FW for my X55s, but the performance is absolutely awful now.

Here's another vote for SQM implementation. I'm honestly surprised that it has taken this long and there are still no answers. 

Options
2023-10-09 07:19:20

@SpiderLAN X73-DSL owner here, SQM support is long overdue. Deco devices have capable CPUs to handle the feature.

Options
2023-10-24 16:58:57

@SpiderLAN 

add me to this request. Love to have Sam.

Options
2024-01-02 20:30:13

@SpiderLAN Would also love to see this feature added. As of right now it's looking like the only option is to sell my TP-Link routers and go with an Eero system.

Options
2024-01-21 02:40:30

@freecakes1245 yea screw it im gonna do the same

as a gamer and a competitive one at that i cba with this ordeal anymore

time to switch

Options
2024-03-04 13:33:23

@SpiderLAN Any update from TP-Link on this?

Options
2024-03-04 14:34:02 - last edited 2024-03-04 14:34:58

thelinkuser wrote

@SpiderLAN Any update from TP-Link on this?

@thelinkuser  Unfortunately not. Started off ok and they were gauging interest and then we proved a whole lot of interest in the feature.  Seems then they decided to ignore the request after all. 

Any update @TP-Link 

Options
2024-03-04 14:36:16

sad 

Options
2024-03-04 15:52:06

@SpiderLAN Thanks for staying on the case. In case it helps future @TP-Link users (or folks looking to decide on what to get), as someone who added my vote for this request over a year ago, the lack of any response since your initial request 2+ years ago has led me to buy something else and recommend against TP Link to my family and friends. Good luck!

Options
Related Articles