Internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet speed
Internet speed
2021-11-26 16:00:36

Iphone registers well over 200 mbps for download speed yet my PC is only at 140-160 and my Ipad is well under 100. When I set up the router I thought I set both the 2.4 and the 5.0 setups.  Any thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet speed
2021-11-27 00:31:44
Generally 2.4 will give you more distance and 5.0 will give you better speed. Distance will slow speed. You are only as fast as the slowest link which can also be the device.
Options
Re:Internet speed
2021-11-27 01:22:31

@Oscar1952 

A few I can think of:

• Do you have SMART CONNECT enabled? (Don't think you do as you said you set up both bands)
  • Interference? Test all devices at the same location.
  • Hardware, what is the Network hardware? 802.11 device speeds would have different speeds on the same band.

Not known, how are you measuring the speed?

Interference can come from many places, bands crowded or electrical motors/devices, and well as wall construction if between device and router.

Sometimes, Network Security could even slow down some devices.

Devices do matter, for instance, model of the iPhone, newer ones have AX speed, older are possibly AC speed (802.11).

By the way, what router do you have? What settings did you set for each band, channel, width, security, etc.?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 2

Related Articles