Why are some ethernet devices not registering?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 06:56:32
Model: Archer AX4400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello,

So I recently upgraded my router after my old tp-link took a dump. I run Helium Miners as well as an access point to beam internet to my barn using a ubiquity airmax. I had no problems before, but now with this new router my Helium Miner and my Access Point are not even showing plugged in on the routers login page. All the lights are green on the actual router. I read some other threads but found nothing useful. I have tried new cords, disabling VLAN and Access Control. Yet other items like my TP link Deco and my laptop are showing up when plugged into the same ports using the same cables. Please someone help! I don't know if I like these new mesh routers I never had this problem before with an Ethernet port. And the miner in my house does work by WiFi so I know that the miner is not the issue.

Thanks in Advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Why are some ethernet devices not registering?
2021-12-23 06:11:41

@Garrett07 

Hello, do you mean both the Helium Miner and Access Point do not show up in the Client List of the AX4400 status page when you login to its web interface? Are they connected to the AX4400 directly with cables?

Is AX4400 the main router and gateway? 

Please confirm if you can find these devices under DHCP Client List or ARP List (Security > IP & MAC Binding)?

What's the model of the previous TP-Link router?

Options
2021-12-24 08:20:35

@Kevin_Z Yes the Helium miner and the Access point are not showing up in the client list no matter what I do. I have tried new cables different outlets and nothing. I have a Deco wired in to Ethernet and it appears in the client list no matter what port I use. I even returned the Ax4400 for a replacement and the same issue so I know it is not a hardware problem. I've seen others with similar issues on different routers and have tried all suggestions to no avail. The previous router I was using was  the tp link ac1750. I had no issues with either device on the router. I am using the AX4400 as the main router plugged directly into the modem. I am guessing there is some setting on this router that is preventing my devices from being recognized when plugged in but I can not figure it out. 

Options
2021-12-27 09:16:39

@Garrett07 

Can you please confirm if you can find these devices under DHCP Client List or ARP List (Security > IP & MAC Binding) on the router web GUI?

Options