Deco M5 cannot get internet connection to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-14 01:05:35
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Got the Deco M5 with three units.  Have xfinity 300mbps.  tried setup with all three as master and each time, end up with red-light and "not connected to internet." error.  network cable is fine and works with my netgear router.  I have tried all the troubleshooting tips from the web site ( power up sequence, etc). and nothing works!  This is getting very frustrating and thinking of just returning the item unless someone has additional ideas.  Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 cannot get internet connection to work
2022-01-14 01:10:09

@lamikam 

Because your ISP is a cable provider and your old router works this is likely the cause and solution:  https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/150603 

Options
2022-01-14 02:48:08

@Carl Update - I plugged the M5 into my router and it works.   So going to use that and disable the wifi on my router.  thanks!

Options
2022-01-14 15:53:22

@lamikam 

If you are going to do that I would suggest putting the Deco M5 in AP mode.  This will disable all router features, including HomeCare but avoid Double NAT, which can and often does affect performance.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 3

Related Articles