Archer AX21 Continually disconnecting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX21 Continually disconnecting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:Archer AX21 Continually disconnecting.
2022-06-07 00:38:36

Is there an update to this issue? I just bought a router (6/6/22) and the firmware is up to date. I have Spectrum cable internet as well, and I'm experiencing constant drops.

I've tried:

- Restarting router / modem (sometimes it's okay for a few hours, sometimes it immediately dies again)

- Reducing the configuration down to the bare minimum.

- Installing the firmware linked before in this thread (the router rejects the .bin file)

I'm tempted to come to the conclusion that this router is just a POS at this point.

Options
2022-06-07 12:56:01

@Kaega The factory reset that I spoke about seemed to do the trick, and I've had a rock solid connection with my AX6600 since then. No issues.

Options
2022-06-08 06:44:52

Kaega wrote

Is there an update to this issue? I just bought a router (6/6/22) and the firmware is up to date. I have Spectrum cable internet as well, and I'm experiencing constant drops.

I've tried:

- Restarting router / modem (sometimes it's okay for a few hours, sometimes it immediately dies again)

- Reducing the configuration down to the bare minimum.

- Installing the firmware linked before in this thread (the router rejects the .bin file)

I'm tempted to come to the conclusion that this router is just a POS at this point.

@Kaega Please email the router system log to support.forum@tp-link.com for further analysis.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-11-04 21:30:43

@RouterRob 

I have bought the same router and some phones keep disconecting and conecting (mostly in the 2.4G band). It came clean and it updated by itself.

Options
2022-11-08 03:26:53

@Rottmaier 

In most networks, the 2.4G is crowded and congested, and that is the main reason why the devices cannot get a stable connection when connecting to the 2.4G network. You need to run a Wi-Fi analyzer or similar software to monitor and review the wireless networks around you, then choose one with less interference with others to observe if it can maintain a stable connection.

For those devices that support 5G, you'd better connect them to the 5G network to get a better speed. Only leave those doesn't support 5G to stay on the 2.4G.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-29 22:26:59

@Liverpool20 I live in a house far from other ones so I do get very poor if any wifi from neighbours. Also I am using the archer with an RE505X (by wifi not by cable) in one mesh as some rooms have low signal. The RE indicates it is in a good position (second circle) and from there all devices seem to have good signal. 

I have set all devices that have 5G to select it as a priority but many end up in the 2.4G after a while and it seems that is driving all the troubles. Should I separate 5G and 2.4G networks?

I do have some devices that only work in 2.4G and even though I could send them to the guest network, I cannot turn off the 2.4 in the normal one and keep it in the guest (that would be a great feature).

Options
2023-02-11 04:52:39

@mi5key this is the exact same situation I am having. Sorry for the one year later post, but I just setup Spectrum (Surfboard modem) as my ISP a few days ago along with my AX21. I'm having intermittent connection issues with all my devices and my streaming Peacock and Disney+ error out with "No licensing", "Service not available", "Outside of this country" on mainly my Roku Devices. I also don't have any VPNs setup at the moment. 

Spectrum service went out yesterday for about 5 hours. This issue occurred immediately after. I confirmed with my back-up ISP (5G Home Internet) wired into my AX21 and no issues occur, even streaming services operate normally. This leads me to believe it's Spectrum to modem issue like you mentioned in your post. I can't get ahold of anyone that understands the issue in a timely manner. 

what was your remedy? 

Options
Related Articles