Deco app 'Use Same Account as IPv4' not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-03 20:07:31
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I posted this yesterday but it seems to have vanished.

The 'Use Same Account as IPv4' toggle in the IPv6 settings in the Deco app for my X55 does not seem to work. I have to toggle this off and re-enter the same credentials I use for  IPv4 for me to be able to successfully obtain an IPv6 address from my ISP.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco app 'Use Same Account as IPv4' not working
2022-02-08 02:24:52

@liquidcore 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please help me confirm the following details:

When you toggle on “use same account as IPV4”, after the setup, you will have no internet service, or the IPV6 configuration page could not be saved?

Would there be any error message?

Options
2022-02-08 02:26:32

@TP-Link 

I do not receive a IPv6 address from my ISP after saving it with those settings - no error messages appear in the app

Options
2022-02-10 02:52:32

@liquidcore 

Thank you for getting back to me.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

I checked your case with the engineers earlier and he explained to me that the ISP might require separate PPPoE broadband sessions, one for IPV4, the other for IPV6, so did not allow one PPPoE session for both IPV4 and ipv6.

In order to test it, could you please fetch a computer and connect to ISP directly, then set up a broadband connection on the PC to see whether you could obtain the IPv4 and IPV6 address at the same time?

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 8&10?

Thank you again.

Options