List of TP-Link routers that support WDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-14 18:06:39
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Which models of TP-Link routers past and present support WDS?  I need to be able to take a router enclosed in an audio rack into a venue and use the venues wifi to connect all of the wired devices to teh local internet for both access and internet connectivity.  I need a router in repeater mode to accomplish this.  I bought a TP-Link AC1200 only to find out that this is not standard for TP-Link.

Options
5 Reply
Re:List of TP-Link routers that support WDS
2022-02-14 18:08:39

@DJtheKJ 

At times this router will also be used to repeat a cell phone hotspot so wired devices can connect to the internet.

Options
2022-02-15 19:28:43

@DJtheKJ 

TP-Link does not have a list complied for the WDS feature.  For the most part this is an aged out feature that to be honest never really worked well. The technology behind the feature just couldn't compare to a Range Extender.    For you purposes I would suggest one of our travel routers like the TL-WR902AC.  This has mulitple modes, including WISP router which would allow you to operate it as a router but the source be an wireless network like the cellular LTE.   

Options
2022-02-15 20:23:11

@Carl thanks Carl but that won't work.  I need at least three wired connections, one for mixer, another audio device, and rack mounted PC..  I guess I'll try linksys again as the other router I have works well for this but have had better distance with the to-link products.

Options
2022-02-15 22:50:57

@DJtheKJ 

Not so fast though.  It could work but you would need a small switch.  Like the TL-SG105  This is because in Wisp Router mode the Ethernet port is for client devices.  So set the TL-WR902AC in Wisp Router mode, connect it to the source and then connect the switch to the 902AC and you wll have 4 usable ports.

Another option is to go with what you were asking for WDS, which i don't really recommend, but a router with this feature still available is the Archer A7.  The feature can be enabled by going to Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters and then turning the service on. 

Options
2022-02-16 02:52:07

@Carl 

Thanks, I'll get an A7 on order!  Weight, space, and plugs used are at s premium with it being rack mounted, less than 20"x20"x 20" portable audio rack.

Options