Can i use smartconnect and 5ghz mu-mimo at the same time ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-17 07:54:11
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(5553)

Can i use smartconnect and 5ghz mu-mimo at the same time because when i enable it removes the mu-mimo and other 5gh settings too. i have lots of legacy devices and i also have lots of people that stream and game on my network. i just want to simplify things and have one ssid network broadcasting. Can i use smartconnect and mu-mimo  and let the router enable it autocratically for 5 gh devices ?    

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can i use smartconnect and 5ghz mu-mimo at the same time ?
2022-02-17 18:58:08

@Dolanduck 

Hello Donlan,  So SmarConnect takes away all of the guess work from your network management.  It creates a unified SSID and password that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz access.  So when you turn it on, 5GHz isn't disappearing but rather you will only see one singular band.  When clients devices connect it the router will assign those clients to either 2.4 or 5GHZ.  This discision is based on client capabliities, range, and traffic needs.  MU-MIMO should remain active in a SmartConnect enviroment, but is a feature that is controled by the router. 

Options
2022-02-17 20:11:12 - last edited 2022-02-17 20:12:28

@Carl well I wanted to know if the mu-mimo stays on in smartconnect mode And does not disable it. 
read somewhere where it disables it but I don't know if that's true. 

Options
2022-02-17 23:19:47

@Dolanduck 

Yes I understand I realize my answer was long form but I wanted to explain the service as well as you mentioned 5GHz disappeared as well.  As far as I am aware SmartConnect does not disable MU-MIMO.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 530

Replies: 3

Related Articles