tp-link and teamviewer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tp-link and teamviewer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tp-link and teamviewer
tp-link and teamviewer
2022-02-17 14:31:53

Reading TP-link's Home Network Community forum under How to Protect Yourself from Technical Support Scams.

I note the following:

'We recommend refraining from allowing remote access to your PC unless you’re absolutely certain that the person or company you are working with is genuine. At TP-Link, in some very rare cases, we might suggest remote access for our customers to make the support experience less complicated.'

How then does TP-Link support square this with their email asking me to download teamviewer, send them my account name and password to facilitate remote access?

Is this genuine or what?

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp-link and teamviewer
2022-02-17 18:40:31

@Howlinwilf 

In the message we stated "At TP-Link, in some very rare cases, we might suggest remote access for our customers to make the support experience less complicated."  We limit this action to when a case is escalated to system enegineers and only when they deem it needed.   Also these remote sessions have to be schedule, are only scheduled after troubleshooting with our support has be exhausted and will be scheduled through an official email.  from @tp-link.com 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 1

Related Articles