Why is it so hard to log into my archer 5400x?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-02 06:16:05 - last edited 2022-03-03 19:28:50
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Why is it so hard to log into this router? It has been a pain since I got it. I am on the 2.4g network (not guest) and it doesn't work. I cant get into from the a web browser. What is going on? I will reboot it, but it shouldn't require a reboot every time you want to get into it. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Why is it so hard to log into my archer 5400x?-Solution
2022-03-03 17:03:04 - last edited 2022-03-03 19:28:50

@amaskedman 

Cloud access working through the app indicates the issue may be local or specific to your PC.  Perhaps you even have this feature off and the PC is not on the approved list

d939c00b312f459a88383ac3981d7af1

You can also try your phone's webbrowser while your phone is connected to the local network.  Go to tplinkwifi.net and see if it can bring up the log in page.  This will help to determine if the issue is with TP-Link or the client.  

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Why is it so hard to log into my archer 5400x?
2022-03-03 00:09:04

@amaskedman 

How have you attempted to log into the router?  Have you tried the App?  Are you trying by the Gateway IP or by the management UI?  Have you cleared your browsers cookies?  Have you tried a different browser?

Options
2022-03-03 08:28:51

@Carl 

Yes to all that. I tested it with wifi off and it works via the app. So, it won't let me in if I try from the local network but works from off network via the cloud. 

Options
2022-03-03 08:32:21
I have smart connect off. I don't think that matters as I can't connected via wired connection.
Options
2022-03-03 16:33:02

@amaskedman 

Reading your posts I'm not sure what you tried and how?

" Why is it so hard to log into this router? It has been a pain since I got it. I am on the 2.4g network (not guest) and it doesn't work. I cant get into from the a web browser. What is going on? I will reboot it, but it shouldn't require a reboot every time you want to get into it.  "

So you are WIRELESS and it doesn't work? But it will IF you reboot?

Questions:

• How did you try to connect? Web Browser or Tether?
  • What URL did you use on a Browser?
  • Did you see a LOGIN screen?
  • Did it work differently if you rebooted the router?
  • Can you connecf if HARD WIRED?

" I tested it with wifi off and it works via the app. "

I assume from that you can connect to the router wired?

This leads me to ask did you use the SAME URL both wired and wireless?

If the answer is YES, then what are the IP Addresses of the Router, Wired device, and Wireless Device. Sort of sounds like the wireless device is NOT connected to the router?

Then you posted this:

" don't think that matters as I can't connected via wired connection. "

Now you can't connected WIRED?

I assume some statements you made were wrong?

Yes, Smart Connect should not matter. All that does is use ONE SSID and the Router determines the band your device connects to.

So the main questions are what can you connect with to the router? Do you need to REBOOT the Router to connect again? IP Addresses of the Router, the devices that can connect, and the IP Addresses of those that can't?

Options
Re:Why is it so hard to log into my archer 5400x?-Solution
2022-03-03 17:03:04 - last edited 2022-03-03 19:28:50

@amaskedman 

Cloud access working through the app indicates the issue may be local or specific to your PC.  Perhaps you even have this feature off and the PC is not on the approved list

d939c00b312f459a88383ac3981d7af1

You can also try your phone's webbrowser while your phone is connected to the local network.  Go to tplinkwifi.net and see if it can bring up the log in page.  This will help to determine if the issue is with TP-Link or the client.  

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-03 19:21:55

@IrvSp 

Tether looks for a local device, if not found, it uses the cloud to manage the local device. 

While on the local network I cannot connect via wireless or wired (2.4ghz or 5ghz), using the App or the IP. 

Off the local network (cellular for example) it does connect using the TP-link cloud. 

Rebooting does seem to have any effect. 

Options
2022-03-03 19:24:30 - last edited 2022-03-03 19:28:42

That may be it. However, can you change that setting from the cloud? I dont recall seeing that to option. Using a browser on my phone doesnt work either.

I think I will have to factory reset. I built a new PC and got a new phone and I probably turned on the management filtering in the past. 

If I keep the same SSIDs and passwords it shou ok and have minimal impact. 

Thank you!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 8