Use of 2nd Ethernet Port on Deco M5 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-03 20:56:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I have recently installed a Deco M5 3 pack. The M5 connected to my modem in Wireless Router mode. One of the satelite M5s is providing internet access to a PC over one of it's LAN ports. 

My question concerns the second Ethernet port on the main / router M5. I hoped I could connect that to a switch for wired Ethernet. It does not seem to be live. There are no lights when connected to any device.

Should there be a LAN connection on the second Ethernet port for the router M5? If so it is a configuration issue?

Thanks,

Roger

Options
4 Reply
Re:Use of 2nd Ethernet Port on Deco M5 Router
2022-03-04 23:36:11

@RogerMag 

Hi Roger,

The Ethernet ports are auto Sensing.  Once one is deisgnated as the WAN the other automatically becomes a LAN port.  You should have no problem connecting a switch to it. 

Options
2022-03-05 13:36:00

@Carl 

i understand that there should be but it does not appear that there is. When the second power is plugged in to a switch there is no active Ethernet port detected. Is there a way to debug?

Options
2022-03-07 14:27:07

@RogerMag 

I use mine exactly as you are trying.  - I would open a support ticket to get it exchanged. Sounds like it is defective.

But just in case, try;

• Use a known good Ethernet cable.
  • Swap the main Deco node with one of the satellite nodes.
Options
2022-03-07 14:28:49

@RogerMag 

OK. Thanks. Now that I know it should work I will investigate further.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 4