iPad 3rd Gen Unable to join WiFi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-08 21:13:25
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20211103 Rel. 32888

Since converting my home WiFi to a mesh with Deco X20, everything is fine, except my iPad 3rd Gen will not, or cannot connect to the internet.

Is this a problem with the network or the iPad?

Thanks for your help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:iPad 3rd Gen Unable to join WiFi network
2022-03-09 20:31:19

@DocKen 

Even though the iPad 3rd gen is older hardware there shouldn't be.  My iPad mini 3 has connected just fine to a Deco network.  The first thing to check is to make sure the iPad hasn't been blocked. You can check this in the Deco app's device blacklist section.  If its not then I would do is Forget any saved networks on the ipad and try to connect again.  This way if a password was inadverting saved that is incorrect it can be ruled out as a factor.  Next enable guest network to test.  Start with just 2.4GHz and see if it connects.  Then disable 2.4 and enable 5GHz to see if it connect.  If both are successful then try enabling both bands and see if it connects.  Let us know how that goes and if you encounter any errors or mesages. 

Options
2022-06-04 14:50:51
I just installed a Deco AXE5300 and cannot get my iPad3 to connect to either the 2.4/5Ghz main mesh network or the 2.4Ghz only guest network. The iPad3 worked fine with the Orbi RBR750 mesh I replaced with the AXE5300.
Options
2022-06-04 14:56:35
NVM. Found the solution on another post. Changed security on the Guest Network to "WPA2-PSK [AES]." iPad3 now connects to the Guest Network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 3