Deco X68 - when will there be a firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-13 02:30:31
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210519 Rel. 36755

I bought this router in Sep 2021. Based on shortcomings I have experienced, I would have thought there would have been a firmware update by now. I check periodically, and there have been none? When can we expect a firmware update for this model, and 'soon' is not an answer. Please provide a timeframe.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X68 - when will there be a firmware update
2022-03-15 19:13:38

@c1954ritchey 

This is a question we simply can't answer.  Support doesn't get timetables on firmware and driver releases.  Typically a device will only get a firmware update if we have found a bug or security setting that needs to be addressed or if a feature is being added or tweaked.  If there isn't any thing like this then you will likely not see an update.  Updates are added to the applications over the air update and to the website every Friday so all we can say is check back on Fridays and see if anything was added.

Options
2022-05-26 18:20:53

@Carl 

Is support informed as to whether features are being tweaked or developed to add? 

It has been quite some time and the app could definitely be a bit more user friendly. 

If you cannot provide details, can you refer the community to a resource that will be able to?

Options
2022-05-27 15:42:23

Hi Johnny,

No support is not informed of enhancements, bug fixes/patches, or eta of updates.  We have updates posted typically every Friday so you can regularly check back to the website to see if an update is listed and what the release notes are.  For requests for specific features please use this Feature Request section.  There are no other resources customers can be directed to as the teams that develop software and firmware are not customer-facing. 

Options