Using Deco X20 with fiber modem in Bogota, Colombia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-28 19:18:44
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to  use x20 system in my 2 sty, 4000 s.f. apartment that has concrete walls and floors.  I have fiber broadband with identity of modem unknown.  It appears I can plug a unit into the ethernet port on the modem, and go from there.  Some sources indicate I need to go into the modem/router and turn off my current wifi, while others say I can turn off the modem, and use the same name for my connection.  I'm not sure I have the password for the modem, but I am sure I don't have the Spanish to debug it.

I do have an antenna on my desk, from the modem, and I think it has a coax connection to the modem.  (I'm not in Bogota at this time).  Question is, do I need to get into the modem/router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Deco X20 with fiber modem in Bogota, Colombia
2022-03-28 23:43:16

@Drdirt 

You may want to post this on the global community that is more resposible for Columbia. This specific community is soley for the US region and US support, so the information we can provide is specific to our region.  Everything else is best effort support.  The global communit can be found here:

With the ISP we can't really say until you are with the equipment. As long as the modem has a ethernet port to connect to one of the Deco units you should have no issue using the Deco.  You may need to configure the Deco for the service but that is something local support can help once you have your connection information. 

What is going to be your biggest obsitacle is the walls and floor.  As I am sure you are aware Wireless is radio waves, which are a type of radation and concrete will absorb it.  So where a 2-3 unit system will work for a 4K home with wood walls and floors you might need more that that.  It really can't be tested until your actually in the enviroment.  The testing factor can be what is already being used.  basically you can just about double the service coverage with each one, but again we can't gaurantee performance especially in a concrete enviroment.  Wireless is always shaky in those enviroments.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 1