AX-11000: Force WiFi Connections to Reset (not Block) from the Router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-04 14:55:54
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(5553)

I've been having an issue with devices "losing" their connection to the WiFi/Internet/Network while still showing connected.  This has occurred with my iPhone, my MacBook, and a couple other devices.  So far, disconnecting from the WiFi and reconnecting will fix the issue.  However, I have a couple of devices, like security cameras, that are a bit more difficult to reconnect from the client side.

Is there a way from the router, to boot a "connected" device to force it to try to reconnect?  The only option that I see in the GUI is to block it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX-11000: Force WiFi Connections to Reset (not Block) from the Router?
2022-04-04 17:12:58

@cableguy31 

Not really but there is a way work around way to do it. Step 1.  Disable Smart Connect  Step 2.  Connect the trouble devices to a specific band and all other device to the other 2 bands.  For instance put the devices you mentioned on 5GHz2 and everything else on 2.4GHz or 5GHz1.  Any time you have issues disable the 5GHz2 band and then re-enable it.  This will force all devices on the band to loose their connection and then reestablish it.  

Though this shouldn't be happening so I would prefer the root of the concern get troubleshooted and resolved rather than you having to do such a band-aide trick to keep your clients working.  

A couple of things to ensure. 

1.  Make sure the router's firmware is up to date

2.  Make sure all of your device drivers and OS are up to date

3.  Make sure there are no IP address conflicts.  If possible do a DHCP reserved address for each device

4.  Put the band's channel on the highest available channel.  Apple devices especially tend to work better on the upper channels of the 5GHz spectrum.  

5.  Let us know any commonalities between the devices and any troubleshooting you have done. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 1

Related Articles